Hästens are world renowned for the quality of their beds. Of course this sort of reputation doesn’t come over night nor is it founded upon whimsical information. Hästens not only have generations of expertise in the art of hand-made bed making, but an extensive understanding of the recent research into the science of sleep to support the innovations and traditions they apply to the manufacture of their beds! To say Hästens are experts in the field of sleep and sleeping well would be an understatement!
So, how does one get a good nights sleep? Here are Hästens top 10 tips for sleeping:
1.Invest in a good sleeping environment. Your bed and pillow should be firm and comfortable, and your bedroom should be cool and dark.
2. Stick to a regular sleeping schedule, try to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day.
3. Unwind before going to bed, avoid all mental and physical stress before bed time
4. Spend time in the daylight, it helps your body regulate your need for sleep.
5. If you absolutely can’t sleep, don’t just lie there, get up and do something relaxing until the sleepiness returns.
6. Exercising regularly helps the body produce relaxing substances that aid sleep.
7.Don’t go to bed hungry or too full as it affects you ability to sleep.
8. Cut out caffeine well before bedtime.
9. Nicotine and Alcohol prevent deep sleep, so avoid smoking or drinking before bed
10. Avoid Sleeping Pills!
For more information about Hästens, their amazing range of hand-made, luxurious beds, or to have a more in depth read about their 10 Tips for Sleeping you can go to the Hästens website at http://www.hastens.com/en/