Bamboo is the newest and most popular green flooring option available to the consumer at the moment. But why would you choose Bamboo over other green floors?
Here are a couple of the green benefits of using bamboo as a green flooring option:
- Bamboo is rapidly renewable. Bamboo is the fastest growing grass in the world, growing at an average of up to a foot a day, bamboo matures within three years of planting. Once mature, bamboo can then be harvested every 5 – 7 years and re-sprouts from the same roots continuously so does not need to be replanted.
- Bamboo is not damaged or harmed in the harvesting process. Bamboo is farmed predominantly in china in specific farms planted for the bamboo flooring market.
- Bamboo farming is eco friendly. Bamboo plantations require minimal pesticide usage as bamboo is naturally insect resistant.
- Although bamboo is shipped in from china the cost of transportation is fairly economical.
- Bamboo can be finished with water based finishes and can be installed using low COV adhesives.
- Bamboo is easy to maintain and clean, so no harsh chemical cleaners are necessary.
Bamboo has a lovely warm feel to it. It comes in a range of colours and styles and is very, very durable! It is fire resistant, insect resistant, and also moisture resistant and finally, it is a very beautiful looking floor covering, so well worth considering!