Kitchen Cabinets are the quickest and easiest way to redo your kitchen without redoing your whole kitchen and 2011’s Kitchen cabinet styles make this even easier to do at the moment! An added bonus is that the latest cabinet and shelving trends are so varied that there is something to appeal to everyone!
Here are some tips and advice if you are looking to redo your kitchen cabinets this year:
1) Modern minimalist kitchens are coming into fashion BIG time! Think Sleek, glossy cabinets in bright modern white or vivid colours like yellow, red or orange. Make sure you replace handles with an “oh so cool” system that opens the cabinets when you lightly press the door rather than pulling on a handle, or replace your swinging cabinet door with a sliding cabinet door! Cabinetry that recesses into the background, seamlessly blending with the walls is also a modern must!
2) If you are looking to redo your cabinets in wood, welcome back the darker stains and hues! According to kitchen cabinet trend guru’s worldwide you can kiss wood colours like oak good bye. 2011 is ushering in a revival of all the darker colours like Java, Chestnut and Bordeaux although cherry and maple are still firm favorite styles. But if you really want to go all out, 2011’s cabinet trends call for exotic woods like Canadian red birch or French white oak. The more exotic the wood, the better, regardless of colour!
3) Another Kitchen Cabinet style for 2011 is the mix and match cabinet. Rather than wall to wall cabinetry, try replacing a few doors with glass, leaving some open shelving on which to display your favorite china and vases and leaving a few doors to hide the less attractive appliances! This will give your Kitchen a modern yet warm and eclectic feel!
4) If you are going to go with handles, anything goes this year. But be artistic, be creative, be individual. Whether you opt for whimsical curved handles, wrought iron clapper handles, magpie crystal, or brushed chrome linear handles, the decision is entirely yours.
5) And lastly, organized cabinets are the call of the day for your latest kitchen trends 2011! Tailor made organizers within your cabinets are a must. Be it a spice rack in the cupboard next to the stove or a plate divider int eh deeper drawer in your kitchen, individualized cutlery holders or neatly installed appliance niches that tuck your unsightly blender away, organizers are a MUST!